I'm not exactly sure what Francis is doing here but I like to caption this photo "Rabid Chipmunk." She was a really good sport about my taking her pictures and also about my children latching on to her and dragging her all over the place. Caitlyn had to get used to everyone all over again every morning but by the end of the week she decided Francis was okay, even first thing in the morning. The funniest thing was that one morning, must of been about Friday, everyone was trying to talk to Caitlyn. Cameron came up to say hi, bent down so he could see Caitlyn's eyes under her hat, and Caitlyn took her thumb out of her mouth, reached up, and pulled the brim of her hat down so she couldn't see him. Cameron didn't think it was so funny but everyone else did.
William really took advantage of the fact that he is incredibly cute and there are no other grandchildren on that side of the family. Here he is cheesing it with Gwen by the lake.
The lake had these massive boulders all around it and William thought they were great. He was constantly asking if he could go climb the rocks and he managed to convince many people to go with him. He did manage by the end of the week to figure out that I was okay with him going with people as long as he told me before hand. If I had to come looking for him and thought he was lost, then he got in trouble.William loved to get to the top of this pile of rocks and proclaim that he was so tall and so high.
It seemed like the majority of the time was spent fishing, not by myself but by the rest of the family. They didn't have much luck though. Brandon claims he caught a fish, he was fishing at a river so I didn't witness this. Aunt Joanne had the best luck, she caught three fish at the lake. The thing that was funny was that Most of the fisherman had gone to the river and didn't come back with any and Joanne caught hers while they were gone.
We spent two nights camping and the kids slept really well. We had to wake William up both mornings for breakfast. We didn't hear any bears, well Brandon and I didn't others claimed to, but on the last night there was an owl hooting by our tent. Saturday we all packed and we thought about leaving, which really set our three year old off. We decided to stay an extra night and head home on Sunday. So we went to Uncle Terry's and got to hang out. Brandon and I went to a movie with Uncle Terry, Aunt Cara, and Aunt Tayona while William and Caitlyn got to hang out with cousins, play with the dog, and eat pizza.
William was not happy when it was time to go home. He kept telling us that he didn't want to go he wanted to stay. He has since told us that he wants to go back. Uncle Terry told us to remember when it comes time for us to decide on jobs in a year that Colorado is the right answer. So we had a lot of fun and Caitlyn is actually sleeping better at night since we got back. That was our big family vacation for the year. Hope you all enjoyed.
1 comment:
What a fun time in Colorado! And I have to say that I love the new look of your blog. I'd copy it but then I'd be a copycat. :)
Post a Comment