Thursday, November 20, 2008

2 weeks

I know, you all think that the countdown is all that I think about. It isn't really. It just so happens that my doctor's appointment was yesterday and here I am at the library so I thought I would let you all know. Or you can just think that my life really is that boring that this is all I have to think about. So anyway, the doctor's. I am still measuring where I am supposed to be and the baby's heartbeat sounds great. The doctor checked to see if I was dialating at all and asked if I was having any contractions or pressure. I have had some contractions, no biggie cause I know it isn't the real thing, but I have been feeling a lot of pressure. When the doctor checked my cervix he said "She really is putting a lot of pressure down there." I thought it was funny that he could feel that. So her head is down and she is just waiting. I haven't dialated much, he didn't give me a number, but it was the same way with William and Caitlyn two weeks before so I am not worried. Since she is so low and keeping up the pressure that situation will change. The doctor said he would consider stripping my membranes next week depending on how much I have thinned out. That would be a new experience for me. So now I wait. It is funny to me how different this child is. She is sitting much lower and always has than the other two. She is so low and pressing so hard that it hurts to climb stairs or climb into the van. Brandon thinks it is funny. Me not so much. I'm not used to not being able to get up off the floor if I'm sitting with the kids. But it should be over soon.

2 comments:

Andrew and Collette said...

We are glad to hear that things are going well. Hang in there!

Sheena said...

Good luck with everything Marybeth. Sorry to hear it is painful to get up off the floor or into the van and things. I have also been surprised how different things are uncomfortable, like standing up and letting everything settle back down, it's a weird feeling. Take care!