Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh How Lazy am I

I feel so lazy. It seems like weeks since I have blogged about anything. That could be because it has been week since I blogged about anything. What can I say, since getting back from our trip I haven't felt very motivated. So we recently spent a week in Las Vegas visiting Brandon's family. It was fun. The weather was nice, from our point of view, and it was a little funny to see the kids running around in shorts and T-shirts while others are wearing winter coats. I guess it is all relative. I was uncomfortable in church since they had the heat turned on during Relief Society, the mid 60 degree weather outside was just a little too cold I guess. So anyway here are some pictures of our adventures.
We went to the zoo and it is sad to say this but the zoo in Idaho Falls is better. They claimed to have 150+ species and they may have been counting the pigeons that were walking around. They did have some areas that we are pretty sure were empty no matter what the sign in front of them said. I thought it was interesting that they had so many chickens. They had chickens and roosters and peacocks just roaming around. Brandon took a picture of this handsome fellow and he learned that peahens are actually called peahens. The kids thought it was great when they saw the baby chicks following the mother hens.
Brandon thinks this picture is funny just because William doesn't look to sure about petting the goat. I don't blame him, it has horns. There were a lot of goats in the little petting area. They were all very mellow so I'm not really sure why William looks so concerned.

Caitlyn only consented to touch the goat after she held Grandma's hand. Britton slept through the entire zoo but I'm sure she enjoyed it. The kids did love the fact that there were parrots that looked just like Jasper, Grandma and Grandpa's parrot.
Brandon's dad found these shirts for the kids. He sent them up around Caitlyn's birthday last October and William has asked about having Britton wear hers since she was born. So I was excited that the weather was nice enough to put her in it, especially since she may not fit in it for very long. So we made sure to get a picture of our three Things.

This is the touch pool at Shark Reef. William did touch one of the rays but then he didn't want to touch it again. When we first talked about going to Shark Reef he acted very nervous about it but once we got there he absolutely loved it.





William stole the audiophone that you use as a tour guide through the reef. He got the biggest kick out of punching in the correct number for the exhibit and finding the signs that told you what number you were on. You couldn't just tell him what number to put in. He had to find the sign, just to make sure you were telling the truth.

Britton just hung out in the stroller. She stayed awake for the first part, but fell asleep halfway through. So she got to see the crocodile and piranhas at the beginning but didn't actually see the sharks or sea turtles.









Caitlyn got the privileged seat on Daddy. She actually tried to kick Britton out of the stroller. But she did seem to enjoy seeing the fish. Her favorite was the pink fish that we saw at the end. I don't know what kind of fish it was, it wasn't very big, but it was pink and that is what is important to her. She also liked the jellyfish. Guess what color they were? You're right, pink.


Yes we did go other places, yes we did take more pictures, but I am tired and Brandon has taken all of my room on the bed and so it is now uncomfortable to type(yes he is reading this right now and is very offended. Love you babe). So stay tuned for pictures from Valley of Fire to be posted at a later date.

3 comments:

The Kneese's said...

Hey Marybeth! It's been awhile since I've talked to you. Your children are so cute! I love all of Kaitlyn's hair! Hey, do you remember Tamara's last name? I can't think of what it was!

Andrew and Collette said...

Sounds like a really fun trip! I love the kids in their "thing" t-shirts! So cute!

Randal and Stef said...

It sounds like you have a good trip! We love the t-shirts for the kids! Way fun!