Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Walking is Hazardous

There seems to be an epidemic of walking accidents at our house. I have to admit that most of them are happening to Britton, which makes sense since she has only been walking for maybe three weeks, but some of them are happening to people who have been walking for years, for once I am not talking about myself. A couple of Sundays ago William had an unfortunate accident while walking home. He tripped once and made it out unscathed but then he tripped again and managed to stop himself with his nose. He insisted on a bandaid, it was bleeding, so here he is with his bandaid. And this is when I took it off the next day. You may have to make the picture bigger, but he took skin off in a couple of places. This is his only injury from walking lately, but he does struggle to walk sometimes. I think that he gets his balance from me.
Britton learned to walk, yeah! She has been the fastest so far. She walked a couple weeks before he birthday, which is about three or four weeks before William and Caitlyn did. She does okay until she gets excited and speeds up. Sunday she was having all sorts of fun walking around during Sacrament meeting and she got a little too excited. She went head first into a bench. She had a nice goose egg, and now has a lovely scab.


Looking very sad and pathetic, poor kid. Who knew walking would be so dangerous?


No comments: