Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year's

Yes, this is a little late, but better late than never right? We had a pretty mellow, laid-back New Year's Eve. Just hung out at home until Brandon had to go to work. But we did have fresh snow, and quite a bit since it had been snowing for a couple of days. So we thought we would go sledding. William's school is just down the street from us so we thought we would take advantage of the hills around the school. Why drive somewhere when we could just walk down the street. Of course we went around Britton's nap time so her fun came in spurts.Britton loved going down the hill, but once the ride was over she would start crying until she was picked up.
William had a blast. He would make it to the bottom and then run back up to the top.
Caitlyn loves to scream as she goes down the hill. Luckily it sounds happy.
I went down once with Britton, so Caitlyn thought she needed to come with us. Of course she didn't want the toboggan so this is the three of us on the saucer.
We accidentally ran over William in the toboggan. It really was an accident. We were trying to go down at the same time and our sled turned on a slight bump.
William's face after he got run over.
Brandon is crowding all three of the kids on the sled with him. Trust me on that.
They made it to the bottom in one piece.
So what do you do when Daddy has to work New Year's Eve? Make mini pizzas of course. The kids thought it was great that they got to put the toppings on their own pizzas. I don't have any before pictures, but here are the pizzas fresh out of the oven.
My three helpers in their aprons. If you look closely at Caitlyn's legs you can see her own artwork. Sometimes I wonder why I send them to quiet time. The kids were excited that I let them stay up late watching a movie, at least William and Caitlyn got to stay up late. They were a little concerned that we were watching it without Daddy, again, but not concerned enough to not watch.
Brandon and I rang in the New Year with Emma and Alyssa, some of the "girls from work" as Brandon refers to quite a few of his coworkers, and waffles. Apparently waffles on New Year's Eve is a tradition for Brandon. This was news to me, first time in six years of marriage that we have had waffles.
Aren't we so cute? The kids were up at a more reasonable hour then Christmas, but they were very excited to see what the New Year's Fairy had brought them. I don't have pictures, using the video camera again, but they came a runnin' to find their new books and candy in their shoes. So 2010 came in with style.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I always wear my Seniors sweatshirt too!