Friday, December 23, 2011
Merry Christmas
It is that time again, time to wish you all a Merry Christmas. We did actually send out cards this year, but not to everybody. Partly because I have a ginormous family so I wasn't going to even attempt to get a card to every single cousin, and partly because I didn't have all the address I wanted and didn't get responses to my request for addresses. So here is a Merry Christmas for everyone else. We have had a pretty good year. We went through potty training, sometimes it seems like we are still going through potty training. We went through months of job searching which culminated in Brandon finding a new job. So then we moved and we are finding ourselves settling in a new area. We have been lucky, we are living in a great ward and we managed to move into a ward with a family that we already knew. William is enjoying his new school. It is a bit more challenging, they focus more on math than his last school did, and he really enjoyed the unit they did on bridges for their engineering section. Crazy, right? I knew nothing about engineering when I was in second grade. Caitlyn is trying to get used to William being gone more, school is longer here, and she is a great helper around the house. She is looking forward to school next year and enjoys Primary and making friends at church. Britton is three and mostly successfully potty trained. When she wants to be that is. She wants so desperately to be big like William and Caitlyn. She is looking forward to Primary next year, mainly because she wanted to participate in the Primary program when Caitlyn and William had their turns. Bradley turned one and finally started walking at 15 months. He just wasn't bothered about moving about on his own. He has mastered the stairs, that was the big change for him when we moved, and he only rolled down them a couple of times. Brandon is enjoying work, it is different and a challenge but he likes it. He is pretty much on the same schedule as before, but he actually has to drive instead of riding his bike. He was called to the Sunday School Presidency shortly after we got here, so he gets to visit all the different classes. I am coming to grips with the fact that I am far away from my family. Not all my family granted, we aren't too far from Brent and Cami, but this is the farthest I have ever been from my parents. I am also coming to terms with the fact that I am going to have to get a drivers license from a different state. As I look back over the year I can see so many ways that we have been blessed. I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas to you, too! Hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment