A small side note, but still book related. Brandon got me a couple of books for Mother's day, that's why I love him, and one was from a series that he had just heard about. The series is called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. So he got me the first book and I thought it was awesome. The hero of the story is a 12 year old boy who has been kicked out of multiple schools, is dyslexic and diagnosed with ADHD. He finds himself in a world populated by Greek myths and discovers he is only half human. I would totally recommend this book to anyone, but I think it would be great for 10-12 year olds (don't let that stop any of you older readers). I can't wait to read the others in the series, there is a total of 5 books. Brandon is about halfway done with the book and is enjoying it also.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
We love the Pigeon
A small side note, but still book related. Brandon got me a couple of books for Mother's day, that's why I love him, and one was from a series that he had just heard about. The series is called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. So he got me the first book and I thought it was awesome. The hero of the story is a 12 year old boy who has been kicked out of multiple schools, is dyslexic and diagnosed with ADHD. He finds himself in a world populated by Greek myths and discovers he is only half human. I would totally recommend this book to anyone, but I think it would be great for 10-12 year olds (don't let that stop any of you older readers). I can't wait to read the others in the series, there is a total of 5 books. Brandon is about halfway done with the book and is enjoying it also.
2 comments:
We love the pigeon too! Eden reads the book with so much enthusiasm! What a great picture he drew. You might have a budding artist on your hands!
Dido Candee's comment.
Post a Comment