Monday, February 22, 2010

New Things

I had a great experience today. I was almost out of diapers but I walked out of Sam's Club spending less than forty dollars. All because of a new addition to our house. Yes we are expecting another addition, in case you missed the baby countdown, and it was a complete surprise. When I realized that Britton and this baby would be 18 months apart I wasn't excited about buying diapers for two. With the other kids, because they were around 26 months apart, I didn't really care about the diapers for two because I knew that we would be potty training within a year but I don't see that happening this time. I would love it if it did, but I'm not going to hold my breath. So I figured out how much we actually spend on diapers, and we get the cheapest kind we can, and I wasn't excited about it. So I started looking at other options, to see if there was a cheaper way for us to buy diapers, and this really shows how boring my life is because this is what I do at night after I put the kids to bed. And I found Fuzzi Bunz. What are Fuzzi Bunz you ask, well they are reusable diapers aka cloth diapers. I know shocking. I never thought that I would even consider cloth diapers, and it took awhile for me to talk Brandon into it. What finally sold me on them was the fact that Fuzzi Bunz has a new diaper that is adjustable and can fit from newborn until 3+. So no more buying diapers. So I looked around, found some on Ebay, and I was able to get enough for two kids for the price of Britton's diapers for the year, which unfortunately meant that it was a big investment but I'm thinking that it was worth it. Just look at my beautiful baby modeling her new diapers.Cheesy.
So cool.
Check out my bum.
I'm red hot.

So today I was almost out of diapers, but I just did a load of wash and replenished my stock for the next two days. One of the nice things, not a reason I got them but a nice benefit, is they keep her bum drier. We were fighting a diaper rash when we got our package of diapers, in disposable diapers her rash would have lasted another couple of days, and her bum just cleared up right away. Britton actually stays still better for diaper changes since switching, I think because they are so soft and feel nice on her bum. Caitlyn likes them because they have fun colors, when I pulled them out of the box she told me they were so beautiful. William was excited to tell me that we don't have to buy diapers again cause we can just wash them. I must say that rinsing her really messy diapers isn't very fun, when it is more solid there is no rinsing because it just comes of the fleece, but after potty training two kids and dealing with their messy underwear and rinsing it I don't mind as much. So call me crazy but I am loving our Fuzzi Bunz.

3 comments:

Vickie Robertson said...

Congratulations on the up comming new addition. I had no idea!!! But I guess that could be because I haven't seen you for a long time. That is awesome you are using cloth diapers... I've thought about it, but haven't dared to try it yet!!!!

Mindy said...

Congrats on the surprise!

Sheena said...

Thanks for sharing Marybeth. I have looked into Fuzzi Bunz too, and may just take the plunge as well. They are so cute on Caitlyn.