Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hair and My New Favorite Thing

I know it says hair first but I just have to tell you about one of my new favorite things. But first a little background. Some of you may know that I lead a pretty boring life, I know sad but true. After I put the kids to bed I do things like Google cloth diapers and homemade laundry detergent. While I was reading about laundry detergent I found an interesting tidbit. Someone said that OxyClean is the same thing as hydrogen peroxide. Shortly after I read that Britton decided it would be a great idea to pretend to drink her red Koolaid, but really spit it down the front of her white onesie. So I figured I would try hydrogen peroxide, if it didn't work the onesie was ruined anyway. I really wish that I had taken pictures, because it worked. I put the onesie in a container, poured the peroxide on, added some water and swished it a little. Since then I have used it to get chocolate milk and hot chocolate out of a light pink shirt, why Caitlyn is always wearing that shirt when she spills I have no idea, strawberry stains, tomato soup, grape juice, and other stuff that I can't remember. Now I keep the hydrogen peroxide by the washer, sometimes I will add it to a load of whites, and a little soak takes care of the stains.

Now on to the hair. My girls have so much of it, but Britton's isn't quite as long as Caitlyn's was at the same age. Still there is a ton there. So the other day I thought I would try something out.
Tada! She has enough hair for some little puff braids. I know that you are all very excited about that. Of course she didn't exactly want to hold still while I did it. I have to laugh whenever people tell me that all you have to do is start doing their hair as soon as you can and your girls will hold still. I think personality plays into it as well because we start doing pigtails before six months and Britton won't hold still just like Caitlyn wouldn't at almost 18 months. Have I said that I'm glad that this next one is a boy because I won't have to worry about doing his hair?
A shot from the front, doesn't she look so cute? And so innocent? I asked for her cheeses and this is what I got. I haven't tried to do the braids since, mainly because I seem to be doing hair on the run a lot.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Britton is a cutie! Love her hair. Thanks for sharing your new favorite thing. I have used Biz quite a bit, but stopped because it is kind of pricey. I am going to try peroxide in the same way. Also, how do you like the cloth diapers? I have really been thinking about investing in some. Those resurrection rolls are neat. I read about them on sugardoodle.net. So cool that you tried them out and they worked perfectly!