There are some perks to Brandon's work, and we have been enjoying some of them lately. If the station is involved in an event, helping sponsor or such, than Brandon can sometimes get free tickets. So we enjoy going to the museum. Sometimes the kids just tolerate the displays until we get to the kids' play room, but some of the displays the kids have really enjoyed. We also get to go to some sporting events. My absolute favorite is the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo. I love the rodeo, absolutely love it. Brandon has managed to get tickets for the past 4 years or so. The kids like it, the girls more than William but he likes it better as he is getting older, but we did get earplugs for him this year. This was the first year that we stayed the entire time so we got to see the bull riding, the most exciting part next to the mutton busting.

So happy to be here! Britton had so much fun and loved watching the animals. William and Britton wore ear plugs, William thinks it is too loud, but they enjoyed it.

Are you talking to me? Caitlyn has loved the rodeo almost from the beginning. When she was 18 months she would clap and get so excited anytime there were animals in the arena. She doesn't think that it is too loud so we didn't put earplugs in her ears.

Notice Brandon's tongue? I mentioned a couple of posts back that Brandon claims the kids stick their tongues out in pictures because I do and I suggested that he might have just as much influence. Brandon's sister suggested that he might have picked up the habit from me but I must say that I have seen pictures from his mission and his tongue is out in a lot of them. So the kids probably get it from both of us.

This is Scott, the sports guy at the station. He had to be there working while we were there just to play.

Some of the action. The one thing I absolutely hate about the digital camera is the delay before the picture is taken. Even holding the button down halfway then pushing it all the way doesn't work at the rodeo.
Brandon decided that this year he would get tickets to the Monster Truck Rally. I didn't want to go and didn't want to take Britton so Brandon took William and Caitlyn. The kids said that they had fun, but they also said that it was too loud even though they had earplugs in. So they didn't stay very long but Brandon can now say he has been to a Monster Truck Rally.

Brandon was really glad that some of his pictures turned out. I guess the delay isn't so great for Monster Truck events either.

Doesn't he look so excited to be there?

The kids were very excited about coming home with these flags.

This was the kids' favorite truck, Jurassic Attack, it is painted like a Triceratops and has horns. Brandon had shown them pictures of this truck before they went because there was an article in the paper about a local guy getting to drive it during the races.

The truck in action.
So that is a little of what we did this past month, all thanks to Brandon's job.
3 comments:
Gotta love station perks! How are you guys? I was excited to see a message from you on my blog. Hope everything is going well for you. I didn't know you have 3 kids! Brandon...you are starting to get outnumbered by the girls! Take care.
Wow! Looks like lots of fun at the local events! The ear plugs are a good idea.
Try an "action" setting on your camera if it has that or an "indoor lights" setting. I think it's the florescent lights that are causing your problems. Frustrating. But it looks like you had a great time anyways.
Post a Comment