I might as well put up the Easter pictures. The kids were pretty excited this year, the girls kept asking when they got to put their baskets out.
The kids were pretty excited to color eggs, Bradley had no idea what was going on or why we made him sit at the table.
My children have no patience when it comes to coloring eggs. No bright deep colors, cause you have to get the egg out as fast as possible. But it makes the process go much faster.
So they all got to put out their baskets Friday night. At our house the Easter Bunny comes Friday night/Saturday morning. Why you ask? Because when we got married I told Brandon that is what were going to do. My family did that growing up and it made it so Saturday was about the candy and such but then Sunday was all about Jesus and the reason we celebrate Easter.
The kids were pretty excited about their baskets. I know you can't really tell what she is holding, so here is another picture.
The Easter Bunny left night lights. He found these cute night lights at IKEA. The boys' lights are taller and have blue eyes. The night lights charge and then they can be unplugged and taken to bed. They are soft and the light lasts at least 4 hours. Since getting these lights we have had fewer instances of the girls coming to bed with us. Which is good because my back hurts when they sleep with us.
Ready for the egg hunt. We have no grass in our back yard so did this inside. The older kids were really excited. Bradley once again had no idea what was going on.
I wanted to try this hairstyle last year, but for some reason I didn't. The girls were pretty good sports about my making them sit while I did this. We could have put another egg in Caitlyn's pig tails but Britton's hair just isn't long enough for more than one egg. We had a couple of people ask how we managed it.
We made Resurrection Rolls again this year. Last year we used frozen dough, which was alright, but I think my mom's roll dough recipe tastes much better. William and Caitlyn definitely know more of the Easter story now than they did when we started doing this. In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about: the night before Easter we get all the kids around the kitchen table and talk about the events leading up to Easter. When we get to the part about Christ being taken down from the cross and the disciples preparing his body for burial we take a marshmallow(the body of Christ), this year I used an idea that I read on line and now can't find, we brushed melted butter on the marshmallow and rolled it in sugar and cinnamon(the oil and spiced they anointed His body with), wrapped dough around it(the linen cloth), and then we put the rolls in the oven over night(the sealed tomb), we didn't tape the oven door this year. So then I bake them in the morning.
Don't they look so good? Perfect rolls. But here is the really cool part.
They are hollow after you bake them. Like the empty tomb and the linen cloth. And since we used the butter and cinnamon and sugar the rolls tasted a little like cinnamon rolls. The kids enjoyed it.
All dressed up for church. I found this pattern online and wanted to try it for skirts for the girls. So we found the material and some coordinating fabric for ties for the boys. If you ever use the tie pattern from Ribbon Retreat, the bigger sizes are off. When I made Brandon's tie I didn't use the adult extension at all, but made it the same size I made William's last year. And with William I went down a size, but I should have made it a little smaller, just modified the pattern, cause it was still a little big. But it is a good looking bunch, right? Yes Brandon has a tie that matches. I had someone ask what I made for me and I just looked at them like they were crazy. After the ties, skirts, and the butterflies on the shirts I was so done. I did wear a pink shirt. Close, right?
1 comment:
You are so amazing! Looks like you guys are doing well in CO and we miss you tons!
Post a Comment