Saturday, July 26, 2008

Piooneer Day Fun & Funny William

Happy Pioneer Day! Yes, I understand that it was a couple of days ago. It was actually our Sunday for the week because Brandon had to work last Saturday and Sunday but had the two Thursdays off. It doesn't quite make up for my having to take both kids to church alone but almost. Today we drove up to the St. Anthony parade. I must say I think it is the best parade in the area. This is because there are more floats, fewer cheerleaders and dance teams, chocolate milk, and the kids get tons of candy. Mom and Dad managed to make it after an absence of two years and they brought Kayla, Michelle, Ashley, and Candace. You will have to trust me on that since I forgot our camera. Big shout out to Megan and Collin for letting us sit in front of their house and share their shade. They definitely have a great spot since the parade goes right past their house.
To justify the gas to drive up to the parade we did spend most of the day at Mom and Dad's. William was so excited to be spending time with his cousins and Caitlyn wanted to say hi to the cats. We had a hot dog roast, so we all smell soooooooooooo good, and we brought stuff for s'mores. The funniest moment of the day came after Brandon had made one for William. William kept asking to just eat the chocolate but he had said that he liked s'mores when we were camping so I said he could have some after his s'more. He tried to take a bite but couldn't get any chocolate so we had to readjust it for him. He took one bite and then tried to hand it to Grandma. When we asked him if he wanted the rest he said, "no, it tastes like fire." I'm not exactly sure what that means but he looked so serious. We all laughed. The kids played long and hard but they had fun. They spent some time in the pool and on the slip n' slide, William told Brandon "maybe I should just run down it," and Caitlyn has definitely gotten over her weird phobia of pools. So we had fun and spent the day with family which is really the point right? Since there was only moderate crying, no bleeding, and no broken bones I guess it was a success.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Mare and Brandon,
Your kids are adorable and sooo funny. :) It looks like you guys have done some great things this summer. Take care!
Sheena