Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lagoon and Halloween

What with Halloween being on a Sunday this year, and the fact that Brandon got free tickets to Lagoon from work, Brandon thought it would be a great idea to take the kids down to Frightmares this year.  So we invited Crystal and Zach and Daniel and Cami to go with us.  Don't ask me for a picture of everyone who was there because of course I didn't think to take a picture of everyone until after we had left.  But the kids had a lot of fun.  We were reminded of the fact that Caitlyn is our daredevil, but Britton might catch up one of these days.  Caitlyn enjoyed every single ride and William had to be talked into most of them.  We constantly reminded him that we would never put him on a ride that he would get hurt on.  But they all had fun.  I wish I had gotten a few more pictures, but there was the whole chasing Britton around part to contend with.  So here are a few for your enjoyment.

 Britton rode on Bulgy three times, and she would have been happy to ride more.
 So happy to be on a ride.
 William had a great time and has asked when we are returning.
 Austin is in the green boat behind William and Britton.  Caitlyn jumped into a pink boat with another little girl leaving Austin to ride by himself.  But he did seem to enjoy it when Crystal wasn't in view.
My cute little bugs.  What you can't see is me holding Caitlyn up so she could be in the highest spot.  Thank you Crystal for taking this picture.

Since we were in Utah we got to go trick or treating with Crystal's family.  So the kids got all dressed up and went to the Trunk or Treat that Crystal's ward put together.  Luckily the rain that started right as we were leaving Lagoon slowed down to a drizzle during the trunk or treat, it did start up again afterwards so I was glad that we decided the big bags full were enough and we didn't go anywhere else.  So here are the kids in their costumes.

 Here we have The Cat in the Hat and Thing One and Thing Two.  William and Caitlyn were very excited to have their faces painted, Britton tolerated it.  Britton's hair wasn't too blue just because Caitlyn's hair took so much of the spray.
 That Thing Two just doesn't hold still for long.
 I love that after getting a big bag of candy she is eating licorice that we brought with us for the drive.
 So excited about her candy.  And notice her bag, how nicely it matches?  I found that I had a lot of red and white felt left after making William's costume, I knew I was getting too much material but figured too much was better than not enough, so I made the kids some trick or treating bags.  And the great thing is we now have bags for Caitlyn to carry her stuff in, she loves new bags.
 Handsome cat.  Their bags were so full of candy.  I love trunk or treating, one stop, during the day, much safer for me and my kids.
 You didn't know there was a Thing 3 did you.  Well now you know.  And look how light his hair is, especially when you look at the others.
Here they are together with the dads. Austin was a frog and Zach was a great sport letting us invade his house.  Thank you Crystal and Zach.  One other thing.  You make have noticed the girls' arms.  If we had the Halloween we had a couple of years ago they would have been plenty warm in their t-shirts.  So I thought about getting some Baby Legs, but lets face it they are 12 dollars or more a piece.  So I made some.  That's right, we got some knee socks at Target for 2 dollars, five pairs of socks for less than one pair of Baby Legs. I can't remember where I found the exact tutorial for how I did it but you can find one version here.  I put a cuff on the end and we know have five new pairs of leg/arm warmers.

2 comments:

Randal and Stef said...

Love the costumes! It looks like your family had a great Halloween!

Sheena said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the costumes! Very original!